Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, halved crossways
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small leek, trimmed, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 100g cream cheese with spring onion and chives, crumbled (see note)
- 5 eggs
- 80g mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan-forced. Lightly grease four 10.5cm (base) loose-based fluted tart pans. Place on a large baking tray.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Cook asparagus for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook leek, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Place 1 sheet filo on a flat surface. Spray with oil. Repeat layering with remaining filo sheets and oil. Cut filo stack into four 14cm squares. Line prepared pans with filo squares. Divide leek between tarts. Top with asparagus and cheese. Whisk eggs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture between tarts. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and set. Serve with salad leaves.
- We used 1/2 x 200g wheel by South Cape.